Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Pipeline Engineer
to expand our team within the Oil & Gas Canada business in Calgary, AB.
This role is seeking a qualified engineer that has completed their professional registration requirements in Alberta and will be working in an engineering capacity on above ground and buried pipelines.
Our projects team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Come and join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada.
Come and join a winning team! Join #teamwood! Please note this role will work our standard office hybrid work schedule. Key Responsibiities:
Working with other experienced engineers, the duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities for above and/or buried pipelines:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide input to produce pipeline documents and drawings
- Complete pipeline design calculations (wall thickness, buoyancy, bending, etc.)
- Prepare Pipeline design reports
- Provide input into pipeline engineering specifications, standards, and procedures
- Complete Material Take Offs and associated Material Requisitions
- Coordinate procurement bids and complete technical bid evaluations
- Identify optimization and operating cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure construction and field modifications meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in any engineering discipline although Chemical, Civil or Mechanical or Pipeline Engineering are preferred
- 5-10 years experience with SAGD or cross country pipelines
- Registration with APEGA as a professional engineer.
- Familiarity with engineering standards relevant to the oil and gas pipeline industry (including CSA, ASME, API, and Alberta Pipeline Rules, etc.)
- Recent experience working pipelines (above ground or buried)
- Awareness of Alberta OH and S Code requirements
- Good technical knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, while dealing with people from various disciplines
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work independently
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills in English
- Be comfortable working in a hybrid (office and home) environment
- Located in the Calgary area although candidates located in Edmonton or Sarnia will also be considered.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.