Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Galway is currently seeking to recruit a Civil / Structural Engineer to support the FEED of a major onshore energy facility upgrade within Ireland. It is expected that this project will last for 12 months. Thereafter, the candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in wider range of onshore and offshore projects.
The Galway office is at the forefront of energy security and energy transition developments within Europe and further afield. It's a future for all of us
. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
The position includes benefits such as flexible working arrangements, 9-day fortnight, opportunities for travel internationally, private medical insurance and employer contribution pension. During the initial 12 months you will be working as part of a team designing the modifications and upgrades to the existing facility. You will be based in the Galway office, with site visits undertaken as required. Our Clients and Projects Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Typically, projects range from subsea oil and gas infrastructure, marine terminals, offshore floating wind to onshore processing facilities. Our client list is global and includes major international offshore energy companies, engineering contractors, equipment suppliers, engineering consultancies and technology developers.
We are recognized
for delivering superior results on the most challenging projects. What we can offer
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Skills / Qualifications
- Structural steel design
- Piping support design
- Reinforced concrete foundations and slab design
- Civil design works including drainage, underground piping/cable routing
- Liaison with other disciplines during design process
- Undertaking site visits as required
- Participation in client workshops, safety reviews etc.
- Mentoring of more junior staff
- Providing Project Management with support when required
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- Solid understanding of civil and structural design
- Familiar with relevant designs codes such as - Eurocodes, British standards etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to travel for short term international assignments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Primary degree or postgraduate qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Proven experience in design of Reinforced concrete and steel structures
- Proven experience in the use of structural analysis software packages
- Full driving license
- Chartered Engineer preferred, or working toward chartered status
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.