Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Crane \ Mechanical Technician with extensive experience working offshore in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
We require candidates with specialist expertise of maintaining and repairing hydraulic pedestal cranes.
The development of the fields is undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas is produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids are tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure includes three development wells.
The posiiton is based in the Eastern Mediterranean region, working a 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off rotation. Key Accountabilities Specific Tasks -Operational
Skills / Qualifications Qualification Minimum Qualifications:
- Maintenance and repair of hydraulic pedestal cranes.
- Carry out routine planned maintenance on all areas of mechanical and rotating equipment
- Investigate and repair mechanical and rotating defects or breakdown and advice Team Lead of status.
- The safe condition of all machinery and that it is operated in a safe manner and that all operations are carried out according to correct and safe procedures as directed
- Ensures the installation, testing and maintenance of mechanical equipment is conducted in accordance with Company requirements and statutory Government standards.
- Ensures the required supplies of spare parts are available, prepares and requisitions items required.
- Assist in the future, development mentoring and competency sign off of technician trainees
- Maintains and updates records and reports
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
- Check out work covered by commissioning/acceptance documentation to ensure systems are as outlined/operational and signs documentation to this effect
- Required to assist and work with other disciplines when required, where multi-skilling within a team culture is a major area of development on the platform.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns and ensure work is executed in line with Energean Permit to Work system.
- Preparing reports on all mechanical maintenance / repair works carried out.
- Carry out other general duties as requested; e.g. valve maintenance, repairs and recertification.
- Carry out condition monitoring tasks.
- Assist with the implementation of the Offshore Technical Integrity strategy.
- Assist and work with specialised vendors who visit platform, ensure that all tasks are completed correctly and safely, also ensure that a site report is written and recorded on the platform maintenance database
- Ability to interpret /mark-up of technical drawings.
- In conjunction with your supervisor progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Minimise wastage in all areas of work e.g. un-used materials returned to stock
- Complete appropriate training as a member of the helideck crew.
- Act as part of the Emergency Response Team as required.
- Rigger, Banksman and Slinger duties
- Good Communication skills
- Completed recognized Mechanical Apprenticeship.
- SVQ3 - Mechanical Maintenance
- BOSIET / MEDICAL / MIST training
- Mechanical Joint Integrity Hydraulically Torque & Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI) 10, 18 & 19
- Small Bore Tubing (TSBT01)
- Emergency Response Team
Performance Indicators (Indicative)
- Previous experience in operations & maintenance role (upstream or downstream)
- Offshore experience essential
- Experience of major project commissioning
- Experience of major project operational readiness inclusive of maintenance build
- Good knowledge of SIEMENS Gas Turbines, Centrifugal Gas Compressors and General Process Plant
- Trained and competent in Emergency Response.
Communications & Working Relationships Internal:
- Effective delivery of planned maintenance activities to prevent equipment failures.
- Competency profile attained against discipline plan
- Effective delivery of assigned work scopes in accordance with process, procedures and plans.
- Work executed safely in timely manner
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and removal of low value activities
- Suggest changes to mechanical equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability
Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate within the site delivery team. External
: Effective 2-way communicator, comfortable in both Client and other 3 rd party environments; able to build exemplary working relationship with Client and other Stakeholders. Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority
- As per delegation of authority matrix.
- All line reports and assigned vendors.
- As delegated by line management.
- Management of Change (Technical)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.