We are looking to hire for the below role for One of the Leading consulting and engineering company based in Qatar. Position: Senior offshore Structural engineersLocation: Qatar Overview / Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the above
- Supervision of a team of engineers responsible delivering a technical solution for part of the works
- Responsible for technical direction, checking and progress reporting.
- Performs preliminary sizing for structural members to provide preliminary input to Structural 3D and 2D modelling.
- Prepares structural computer models using SACS for primary steel geometry and loadings, and undertakes structural analyses for all anticipated operating, installation, transportation, loadout, and fabrication conditions.
- Ensures structural compliance with structural specifications as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Prepares structural engineering input for secondary and tertiary steel design, prepares structural design sketches for input to 3D modelling/ 2D drawing production and prepares computed aided or hand calculations for justification of structural configuration for compliance with specifications and relevant design codes.
- Prepares or checks structural design reports to fully document structural primary and secondary steel design to demonstrate compliance with design codes and specifications.
- Undertakes structural weight estimation for input into the project weight report.
- Reviews relevant client provided and vendor data for structural implications and requirements.
- Reports on work status / problem areas / needs.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Experience in a Lead engineering position on previous projects
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Experience in Jacket and topsides engineering and analysis
- SACS for jacket analysis including fatigue and USFOS for jacket analysis
- Structural integrity monitoring experience
- Open attitude & willingness to take on other tasks such as responsibility for supervision of structural design team
- Willing to be part of a team, but also have a flexible approach when required to work in small groups
- Concept and FEED experience
- Co-operative attitude
- Effective communicator
- Flexible worker
If interested, kindly share cv on email@example.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.