Purpose of the role:
This position exists to ensure that refinery valorisation is optimized, refinery receipts, shipments and mass balance are produced in line with the business and Revenue & Custom requirements. You will manage the team to achieve these objectives but also drives transverse work with business and support teams on these subjects
Day to day accountabilities
- Manage Performance Control section ensuring full respect of all company rules and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that refinery mass balance process is performed correctly by team (processing of outturns for receipts & shipments, tank stocks and unit mass balance). Monitor mass balance accuracy and identify improvements to process
- Check and validate actual weekly feedstock and product draws from 3rd provider on a weekly basis to ensure they are correct.
- Produce necessary data/reports for Revenue & Customs to meet their requirements.
- Ensure refinery LP model is maintained & updated by use of simulation exercises and working with unit process engineers and head office teams.
- Oversee production of standard reporting (including monthly result) for internal and head office use plus benchmark reporting
- Promote and facilitate improvements to refinery optimization (weekly and monthly performance analysis and meetings).
- Support other study work as required.
To apply for this Performance Control role, you will need to be a degree-qualified chemical engineer or equivalent. You'll also require:
- 5 years of refinery experience or refinery optimization experience with a good understanding of the bigger picture of refinery operation
- Financial, accounting or Economic training
- Knowledge of Linear Programme models
- Leadership and communication skills and possess the ability to extract commitment and secure follow-up from other refinery team members
As a vital member of our team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, we will provide a favourable rate of pay and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
If this full-time Head of Performance Control role motivates and inspires you, please contact NES Fircroft today.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.