As a Field Service Technician with Water Technologies and Solutions (WTS), you'll play a critical role supporting operations and maintenance of advanced water treatment systems for variety of customers in your geographic area. If you're mechanically inclined, enjoy working with new technology, and are equally at home in a team or operating independently, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
You'll have the chance to learn and work with advanced treatment technologies including media filtration, softening, reverse osmosis (RO), ion exchange (IX), de-oxygenation, electro deionization, and ultrafiltration (UF). This is a opportunity to learn valuable skills that will last a lifetime while creating a cleaner more sustainable world for us all! If you like what you see, here's more.Some of the key responsibilities include
- Operate, monitor, and optimize industrial equipment performance. Troubleshoot and preform preventative maintenance on a variety of systems and equipment.
- Perform analytical testing such as: turbidity, hardness, chlorine, pH, CO2, O2, SDI, TOC, in addition to various other site-specific testing requirements
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and adequate supply of chemicals and replacement parts. Create and maintain site paperwork, and provide customers with detailed technical summaries of work performed
- Carry out mechanical, electrical and controls troubleshooting on equipment such as valves, air compressors, ejectors, process pumps, blowers, and instrumentation
- Partner with customer management and operation teams to help advise on system performance, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- High School Diploma / GED / Home School Certification OR international equivalent and 2+ years' experience of service/maintenance or equivalent in an industrial environment
Why do people love working here?
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Science/Engineering (STEM) or technical certificate in Instrumentation, Controls or programming and/or water treatment equipment including UF/MBR Working experience with PLC control systems, PLC programming and troubleshooting is preferred
- This role requires quite a bit of travel within your territory, so you'll need to have a valid driver's license
- Sometimes emergency service is required. When it happens, you may be asked to be step in and save the day - we work hard to make sure on-call schedules are balanced but it is part of the role.
Please Note: While the Albany NY location is the base of operations, if you live outside the immediate area that may work just as well and we encourage you to apply!
Hear what current Field Service Rep's are saying
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work and achievements!
- Opportunity for new challenges - We're growing and love to promote from within!
- Competitive pay, benefits (including company matched 401k), paid training, and time off!
- An excellent leadership team and a collaborative culture where you'll be part of something special!
"One of the reasons I like working for WTS is the "resource revolution". It is a good thing to work for a company that contributes to environmental stewardship. Training is another reason working for WTS is beneficial. And, the people. Lots of people that are willing to assist. ~Stephen
"When I first got hired on what I loved was the sheer amount there is to learn. Also, at least in BOO we have a very flexible schedule. This is a career, and there is more than one way to succeed and move forward. If you're someone who wants to get challenged to learn and work around people who knowledgeable in their craft than this is the place for you." ~Daniel
"The best part of my job would be flexibility with hours most days. I enjoy the work with my manager and other FSR's also. They are usually willing to help resolving site concerns and supporting decisions when it comes to customer dealings." ~Ryan
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
Compensation: The salary range is tied to the market for similarly benchmarked roles. The range is not an absolute, but a guide, and offers will be based on the individual candidate's knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as internal peer equity. Depending upon all of the preceding considerations for the final selected individual candidate, the offer may be lower or higher than the stated range of $55,000-$65,000 per year
Health & Life Insurance
Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts