Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Foreman to work in Ville Platte, LA. Employee must be able to manage, supervise and coordinate an entire job dealing with all the various crafts that are present on the job site. Management will include the technical, safety, and human relations aspects of employment. The employee must be capable of identifying safety problems and correcting them promptly.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs
- Must have OSHA 30 certification
- H igh School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related trade school education
- Four years' experience in the telecommunications/wireless industry
- Two to four years' experience managing or supervising a crew
- General site construction and minor electrical experience preferred
- Proven ability to operate equipment such as excavators and skid steers
- Must have valid driver license
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.