Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The primary function of the Project Manager is to manage the day to day project activities assigned to them to ensure all are on schedule and on budget.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Responsible for being familar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherfords Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Ensures projects are set-up, managed, and tracked in alignment with strategic deployment process
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, tools, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demontrates leadership, ethical behaviour and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 10+ years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing project through the full life cycle according to scope, budget and timeline
- Demonstrated experience in leading a magnitude of projects that cut across geographies, functions and customer delivery
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This role may require domestic and potentially international travel of up to: <10%