Construction Field Engineer
We are looking for a Construction Field Engineer, for our client who is in the gases and chemicals industry. This will be a 6-month contractor position and the start date is as soon as possible. The location in the Hague, Netherlands and You could work hybrid.
You will work as a Construction Engineer supporting EPC and EPCM projects within in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Industrial gases industries both on site and in a head office environment. Your responsibilities - Front end HO based:
Your responsibilities - In the site:
- Reporting to Construction Engineering Manager
- Provide construction guidance to projects and proposals throughout all project phases, using construction knowledge and experience.
- Assist with aspects of the project construction strategies, execution planning, and contracting strategy.
- Provide guidance to the assessment and selection of construction contractors.
- Prepare, and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings, and resource requirements to project management and engineering leads, procurement, and the construction site management and supervision.
- Prepare, and review for approval project-specific site procedures and work practices as vital to meet project requirements.
- Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and Home Office procedures.
- Develop construction work packs (CWPs) to support project execution as the need arises
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and Construction Managers throughout the different project phases to improve the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability.
- Assist with construction feasibility and method studies.
- Knowledge and experience of the Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) and Workforce Planning (WFP)processes
- Reporting to Site Construction Manager
- Support site construction manager in setting the highest expectations on HSE and Quality
- Lead by example in establishing a positive EHS culture with site team and stakeholders
- Proven experience in a similar construction field engineering role working within an EPC managing contractor team.
- It is expected that you will have in the region of 10 years field experience within EPC managing contractor in site supervision roles on projects ranging from $100m to $500m.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience with construction plans and specifications, tracking RFIs and submittals, and developing project documentation
- Experience tracking and analysing cost and schedule and knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera preferred
- Deputise for site construction manger and lead
- Provide technical support to Field Supervision.
- Review engineering and design documents for errors and omissions and prepare Engineering Site Instructions (ESI's) for correction.
- Prepare, expedite and coordinate response for TQ's / SQ's required for clarification of drawing or specification information.
- Implement and ensure site change management processes run effectively in conjunction with site manager and contracts manager
- Coordinate with Discipline Engineers and 3rd party design and on installation modifications that may impact interfacing works.
- Support field supervision to monitor field installation works for compliance with the drawings and specifications
- Maintain/Monitor as-built drawings.
- Coordinate the review of site installation drawings from Vendors / Sub Contractors for completeness and compliance.
- Assist with Vendor technical issues and clarifications
- Coordinate with Document Control for proper assignment of documents for filing purposes.
- Monitor and expedite engineering deliverables
- Support review project design and engineering BOQ's for completeness.
- Assist to prepare technical aspect of field requisitions for site procurement activities.
- Support Completions Coordinator with engineering verification of systems completions
- Support and coordinate technical issues associated with construction and vendor quality management
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.