Our client based in Blackburn are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to join their team in a staff role.
This role will be required to:
- Support Warehouse team, to ensure that all deadlines are met and provide an efficient service to operations project teams
- Comply with company procedures w.r.t. Receiving, checking, documenting, handling and storing incoming goods
- Comply with company procedures w.r.t. Preparing, documenting, handling and despatching goods
- Comply with safe working practices in warehouse operations including lift truck operations
- Liaise with company procurement department and ensuring all CCU and lifting is manifested, shipped and received in compliance with client and company policy and procedures
- Awareness and understanding of current customs & excise compliance for all end user receipts
- Interface with office and Warehouse Supervisor/Foreman to ensure returns and repairs are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure all inspection certificates are reviewed and checked correctly.
- Maintain efficient filing system for inward and outward Transport orders, Transport tasks.
- Comply with company Safety Management System.
- Processing of backload material and disposal of damaged or defective items.
- Participate in the company Competence System and identify opportunities for assessment and supply evidence as per requirements to compliment the Assessor's decision on competence for the various elements.
- Responsible for general housekeeping duties around warehouse and storage areas including keeping work areas neat and orderly; maintaining workstations, areas and floors free of slip and trip hazards; and removing of waste materials (e.g., paper, cardboard) and other fire hazards from work areas.
- Liaising with and assisting the overall Warehouse team in general duties including sickness and holiday cover as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor/Foreman.
- B1 Forklift (Essential)
- Banksman Slinger (Desirable)