At Oceaneering, we solve the unsolvable. We are a global engineering company that has its roots in deep sea operations for oil & gas industries. Today we operate a diverse portfolio of business units and associated activities. Not only do we operate fleets of ROVs for deep sea operations. We run the NASA neutral buoyancy laboratory and we develop the next generation of spacesuits. We design some of the most popular entertainment rides for the likes of Universal and Disney. And here at Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR), we specialize in creating cutting-edge, autonomous mobile robot (AMR) technology-based, turnkey logistic solutions. Our AMRs are employed in the production facilities of premium manufacturers and hospitals. With a focus on safety, reliability, and performance, OMR continues to push the boundaries of what is possible with robotics. Position Summary
The Oceaneering Engineering Rotational Program (OERP) is a two year program that gives engineering graduates and early-career engineers the opportunity to work in various Oceaneering service lines and job functions. Engineers will experience four different full-time assignments within four different roles in the company. The focus of the program is to develop the next generation of technical leaders by exposing engineers in the program to a broad range of roles, functions, and industries, in a short amount of time. Participants will work directly with senior engineering staff, mentors, peers, and other employees who will contribute to their career development through on-the-job, informal, and formal development. Upon successful completion of the program, the participants will be given a permanent assignment based on their skills, desires, and the needs of the business. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Overall responsibilities may involve conceptual design work, engineering analysis, writing or reviewing technical proposals, equipment evaluations and sourcing.
- Provides direct support to Engineering Manager/Project Manager/Project Engineers as assigned during each rotation.
- Writes or reviews technical proposals, work instructions, procedures, and specifications.
- Conducts initial conceptual design work based on project design basis.
- Contributes in design of new products and techniques, modifies existing designs and techniques, improves installation techniques, and develops test procedures.
- Performs equipment evaluations, sourcing, and potential supplier selections.
- Evaluates project design basis data to determine feasibility of equipment and/or services being proposed.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering, analysis, and design related tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will initially report to the Director of the Engineering Center of Excellence (ECOE). Upon placement into a rotation, the employee will report to a local engineering or functional manager as applicable.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills, time management, multitasking, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are necessary
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Degree or concentration in one the following or related engineering disciplines: systems, software, electrical, controls, reliability, robotics, mechatronics
- Prior university internships in engineering
- Coursework, project work, or job experience that demonstrates an ability to think at a higher level and act systematically to identify problems, requirements, and solutions
- Ability to work with customers to understand needs and make sure our products meet their needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. Closing Statement
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.