Our Client has been selected to install wind turbines off the coast of Massachusetts during the year 2023. To ensure the conformity and quality of the main components (blades, tower sections, nacelles, e-stacks) the Client has required Quality Inspection services for the Marshalling Harbor for a duration of 12 months. 4 positions of Quality Inspectors located in New Bedford, MA will be required: 1 for Incoming Inspection, 1 for Pre-Assembly, 1 for Load Out, and 1 for Nightshift.
Job Title & Purpose
Job Title: Marshalling Harbor Quality Inspector
Purpose of the Job: Perform Quality inspections in accordance with project contractual requirements as documented within the Project Quality Plan (PQP) and relevant Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Quality Inspections typically cover goods receival inspections, pre-assembly walkdowns, assembly in process walkdowns, mechanical/electrical walkdowns and final walkdowns. Where defined within the ITPs, inspections will be accompanied with end-client inspectors.
Position in the Organization
Direct reporting to: Manager, Project Quality Manager/Site quality manager
Internal Network & Links: Project Quality Manager, Site Quality manager, Transportation team, Hub logistic team
External Network & Links: Customer representative, tool suppliers, certification companies, Subcontractors at Marshalling Harbor
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements through inspection, incoming goods control, and quality walk-downs at the pre-assembly harbor site.
- Participate in and contribute to improvement initiatives and Lessons Learned on internal quality-related activities.
- Plan and conduct inspections. Ensure coordination in collaboration with the construction team to satisfy customer requirements.
- Record, analyze, identify solutions, and verify implementation of non-conformities (NCRs) arisen during these inspections.
- Review and ensure quality documents are properly recorded,
- Track, support and manage the closure of punches in a timely manner.
- Promote positive Quality culture on site across all the operational disciplines.
- Ensure material preservation is being actively managed.
- Collate material certification and control of certificates, handovers, documents etc.
- Participate in audits in accordance with Quality specifications and requirements.
- Ensure a detailed follow-up of all Quality issues and customer complaints.
- Applies specialized Quality systems, equipment, tools, and methods.
- Work alongside Health & Safety to ensure compliance targets are met.
- A technical (mechanical or electrical) education/background (previous experience will be considered in place of degree).
- Proven active experience in Quality in Windfarm project environment (experience in Oil & Gas / Nuclear will be considered).
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Highly desirable--NACE level II Coatings Inspector or equivalent.
- Experience with site safety and quality as well as good understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001 (ideally implemented in fabrication/ assembly environments) English [Mandatory], Spanish [Recommend].
- Windfarm experience
- Offshore experience [recommended]
- Proven Exworks inspection experience
- Proven experience on blades
- Mechanical & Electrical experience
- LOTO experience [H0B0 minimum]
- Working at Heights
- First aid [recommended]
- Safety standards
- Proven experience on Quality in Windfarm project environment [Wind Onshore at Minimum, Wind Offshore highly recommended].
- Proven experience on reporting, documentation management, NCR management.
- Ability to work offshore (Offshore medical certificate, Sea Survival, Wind Turbine full rescue course).
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of wind industry and offshore industry.
- Experience on tooling.
- Experience in quality tool management.
- Electrical and/or mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to design and apply solutions for the NCR's, containment actions and propose solutions.
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as industrial and management software.
- High level of quality awareness.
- Able to work as a team player across function.
- Able to work in multi-cultural team.
- Good understanding of fabrication/assembly/NDT/coatings.
- Proactive member of the quality team and contribute to new ideas and initiatives.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with stakeholders in a confident manner.
- Self-motivated, organized, and well-coordinated.
- Reliable and responsible team member.
- Have a good level of physical fitness, working conditions will be predominately in an outside environment with considerable times working at heights.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Incoming and periodic inspections for Wind turbine main components at the Marshalling Harbor: Blades, Tower sections T1, T2, and T3
- Pre-Assembly inspections and reports
- Final visual inspection and handover status before vessel load-out, report of components before load-out
- Ensure that quality documents/info are properly recorded
- Traceability of all damages/repairs + analysis of root causes and verification of corrective actions
*Parties must comply comply with the Environment, Health and Safety of the site on which the Services are performed.
Working Time Five days per week with two days of rest per week over continuous 7 days:
- Night working time: 8 hours/day - with work executed between 19:00 and 7:00. The personnel will be granted with minimum rest time (pauses) as per local Labor Code.
- Saturday working time: 8 hours/day - with work executed between 7:00 and 19:00. The personnel will be granted with minimum rest time (pauses) as per local Labor Code.
- Sunday and public holiday working time: 8 hours/day - with work executed between 7:00 and 19:00. The personnel will be granted with minimum rest time (pauses) as per local Labor Code.
Travel, accommodation and all other living expenses associated with Supplier's performance are included in each rate.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.