Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Deputise for the Chief Mechanical Engineer when requested.
- Responsible for the engineering and approval of all rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of project related standards and job notes.
- Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted manhours and approved schedules in compliance with project procedures, standards and specifications and in accordance with company procedures and the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer and/or the Project Planner to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Prepare and approve project specific standards and job notes.
- Prepare requisition index for rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare and approve general notes requisitions for rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units.
- Review and approve flowsheets for correctness of depicting of rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units, operating and design conditions and piping and instrumentation connections.
- Compile mechanical datasheets and requisition rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units.
- Prepare technical bid analysis and evaluation reports for rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers of major equipment as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier's Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units and distribute.
- Responsible to ensure that all relevant engineering disciplines review and have provided comments on supplier documents.
- Responsible for overall technical management/co-ordination on orders for rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units. This includes technical management/co-ordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Review in conjunction with Procurement Department all claims by supplier for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units engineering matters. Coordinate review of all other engineering aspects of package unit supplier's drawings.
- Perform inspection and witness performance testing where required.
- Ensure that rotating equipment, mechanical handling and packaged units engineering operations are complete in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated manhours.
- Advise the Chief Mechanical Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Mechanical Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer or all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Provide progress report information, at the required frequency and with the required content, to the Project Engineer
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- BSc, BEng, BTech (Mechanical)
- 8 Years minimum experience
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. elati o
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.