Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Technician to join the team in Loughborough. The Electronics Technician has a responsibility to assist in the design, development, test, or manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial or scientific use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through liaison with the Research & Engineering Group, assist in the production and modification of prototype circuit boards and associated equipment, i.e., surface mount soldering, wiring, PCB manufacturing, component ordering/kitting etc.
- Produce and document test equipment to be used by the Manufacturing group in conjunction with the Electronic Engineer.
- Carry out laboratory maintenance according to the service schedules of the equipment, i.e., arrange for/perform equipment calibrations on oscilloscopes, multi-meters, LCR bridges etc.
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the Head of Electronic Engineering.
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System.
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external.
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to meet assigned project goals.
- Demonstrates ethical behaviour, and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times.
- 1+ years of experience in the engineering profession or equivalent college level education.
- HNC or HND in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience of an electronics manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Proficiency with practical electronics laboratory skills, i.e., soldering, wiring etc.
- Proficiency with proper component handling i.e., anti-static precautions etc.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Intrinsic interest in engineering.