Plan, monitor, and correspond with operations regarding the successful, cost effective movement of material via air, surface or ground shipment requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Supply Chain Supervisor to coordinate assigned air and ocean operational and/or project shipments with appointed third- party logistics providers (3PL).
- Assist Supply Chain Supervisor to review material and packing reports to meet designated shipping schedules.
- Assist Supply Chain Supervisor to review operations request for upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, etc.
- Communicate effectively with regional counterparts and internal stakeholders regarding status of air and ocean shipments
- Assist Supply Chain Supervisor to coordinate as necessary the booking of air and ocean cargo with Compliance team to ensure compliant imports and exports while minimizing departure delays.
- Monitor shipments at the docks, airports or other locations when necessary to ensure timely and compliant departure/ arrival / delivery.
- Expedite and coordinate emergency "rig down" and "direct airfreight" orders from seller to packer and / or port of export and ultimately confirming delivery to final destination including milestone updates throughout.
- Assist in maintaining rig shipping profiles (RSP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Trade Compliance Watchlist.
- Coordinate domestic and international air and ocean freight estimates with 3PL as requested by internal stake holders.
- Expedite open orders
- Assist Supply Chain Manager with new vendors and new vendor onboarding
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent focused experience.
1-3 years of experience in supply chain, specifically logistics and transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application, and functional knowledge of SAP.
- Understanding of FCPA, UKBA and OFAC provisions.
- Ability to participate in Supply Chain Logistics weekend on-call rotation.