With primary responsibility to the Quality Manager, provide a service of support to internal customers (engineers, project managers, project coordinators, planners, inspectors), so that the Quality requirements of external customers can be achieved. This position shall, but not be limited to aiding the implementation and improvement of the company Quality Management System.Minimum Job Qualifications
The Job Holder shall be:
- Self-motivated and able to expedite work to its conclusion without supervision.
- Conversant with the requirements for implementation of Quality systems in accordance with recognised standards e.g. ISO 9001, API Q1, API Q2.
- Cognizant of applicable industry standards, such as API 6A, 17D, ASME, etc.
- Computer literate and conversant with modern business software systems.
- Understanding of the various Non-Destructive testing techniques. E.g., Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI), Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), Ultrasonic Testing.
- Able to apply Root Cause Analysis techniques to both technical & non-technical failures.
- Able to create technical & non-technical reports and presentations to summarise findings.
- Analytical and detail orientated, with the ability to review and collate large volumes of documentation.
- Able to provide direction through example regarding commitment to the job, flexibility of working and a positive attitude.
- An effective communicator at all levels; written and spoken word.
- Committed to the concept of Quality Improvement within the company.
- Be able to read fabrication drawings for products, piping, and structural fabrications.
- Auditor qualification is desirable.
It is preferred, though not essential that the Job Holder shall be academically qualified in quality/mechanical/production engineering or related subjects, or shall have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
Recent graduates will also be considered.
- Awareness of function, capabilities and application
- Conversant with manufacturing processes
- Conversant with Engineering process/system
- Ability to interpret bills of material, product quality plans and engineering drawings.
- Continuous Improvement; Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
Computer skills: -
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI