The HR Compensation Intern provides support to the Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst and/or Senior Compensation Value Expert, ensuring compensation complies with Schlumberger Corporate Compensation principles, policies, and guidelines, is competitive in the marketplace, and complies with local legal and fiscal regulations. You will also assist in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures and will be responsible for administering these as directed.
HR compensation internships lasts for 1 year duration starting from Summer 2023 (flexible start date).Responsibilities:
- Prepare & review non-Division compensation packages and assignment letters for Management population in line with SLP7 process
- Assists with development, maintenance & publication of C&B standards and global/regional policies (InTouch update, training & communication)
- Assists with submissions to salary surveys
- Under supervision, assists with the annual Compensation review including analysis of market data, and employee populations
- Reviews documentation to ensure consistency (e.g. employment contracts, letters of assignment, policies)
- Participate in implementation of Compensation & Benefits-related on- demand projects
- Maintains a working knowledge of governmental legislation influencing compensation.
- Answers HR and employee queries on compensation related matters.
- Identify and assist with continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to: automation, digitalization, A.I, lean methodologies
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
- May be required to perform other Compensation-related tasks beyond this scope to support the Compensation Value community.
- Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and Personnel Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
- Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
- Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.