Energetics Engineer Location:
Greater Houston Description:
The Energetics Engineer will be involved in all phases of energetics technology delivery -> new product development, manufacturing support and expert operation support. The Energetics Engineer will propose and fabricate new shaped charge designs along with other energetic products and evaluate and test those products for performance characteristics.
Under general direction, provide engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Design, produce, analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Specific Energetics Product Line Duties:
- Technical support of the field organization, including the analysis of energetic product failures, discrimination and implementation of engineering change requests, historical documentation updates, preparation of failure reports and/or presentations to clients.
- Create and modify documents including but not limited to part drawings, specifications, assembly instructions, test and qualification procedures, test reports, knowledge capture, field manuals, manufacturing requirements, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience with project management and relevant software for communication (MS Office).
- Strong technical communication skills in English (written and oral) with an ability to coherently present experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- A Master's degree or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience related to research, engineering, and/or manufacturing.
- A formal education or experience with energetic materials.
- Strong working knowledge of explosives and energetic material such as high explosives, propellants, reactive materials.
- Strong working knowledge of hydrocode simulation techniques and experience developing working models for energetic systems.
- Engineers at the Rosharon facility work in a 9-80 configuration enabling every other Friday off.
- Energetics Engineer will be part of a ~12 employee Energetics team, reporting directly to the Energetics Program Manager
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the "EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested