Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Oilfield Well Head Operator/Valve Tech. Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of oil and gas wells. This includes monitoring and controlling the flow of oil and gas, maintaining equipment and instrumentation, and performing routine maintenance and repairs.
The ideal candidate should have a strong production operations background with a solid working knowledge of wellhead components and function, great communications skills to coordinate and reduce downtime due to the testing of the wellheads. Location:
Kenedy/Three Rivers, TX - Local candidates are preferred. Must live within a 60 mile radius. Schedule
: 5x2 Mon-Fri; 12 hr days
Other : Company Truck+ Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K+ Company Match and more; All offers of employment subject to passing of drug & alcohol screening
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Photos of each Wellhead/Tree and Wellhead/Tree Diagram Creation.
- Function/leak testing to API standards.
- 5 greasing of valves.
- Operate and monitor wellhead equipment including valves, pumps, and separators to ensure proper production and flow of oil and gas.
- Conduct routine inspections of equipment to identify and address potential issues before they become major problems.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on wellhead equipment and instrumentation.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of production data, equipment readings, and maintenance schedules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational problems as they arise
- Work closely with other members of the production team to optimize well performance and meet production targets
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations and company policies.
- Participate in safety meetings and training programs to promote a safe work environment.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of new wellhead equipment as required.
- Provide support to other areas of the production operation as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as an Oilfield Well Head Operator/Valve Tech or related role.
- Knowledge of wellhead equipment and instrumentation, including valves, pumps, and separators.
- Familiarity with safety and environmental regulations and industry best practices.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, and diagrams.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work in a remote and physically demanding environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
#SouthTX Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.