Overview / Responsibilities Senior Piping Engineer - Aberdeen Based
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the Upstream Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Refinery industry to support the continued growth in our Aberdeen Engineering and Design Hub, this is a multi-client and multi-discipline opportunity to be involved in decarbonisation projects within the Piping Teams. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The focus is primarily to support an upcoming FEED study on a Flare Gas Recovery project for a major Oil & Gas operator in the North Sea. The FEED study is expected to run for 6 months before moving into detail design. The project will be run out of our Aberdeen office however remote / hybrid working will be considered.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Process Ownership:
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Monitor compliance with competence standards
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in incident investigations as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards
- Pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- BSc, BEng or equivalent professional qualification or HND or equivalent
- Extensive relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Energy industries
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with client
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.