Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer-Static on a daily work 6/1 based in Basra, Iraq.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Engineering Manager
- Manage the mechanical engineering and design team
- Conversant with international design codes for pressure vessels, heat exchangers and storage tanks
- Knowledge and hands on experience of design software such as PVELITE, TANK, COMPRESS, FINGLOW etc
- Fully conversant with materials used for pressure vessels, heat exchangers and storage tanks
- Provide design input in the identification, sizing, selection, and procurement of static equipment.
- Address technical issues arising related to static equipment, diagnosing and troubleshooting and providing solutions
- Experience in design, construction and pre/commissioning of columns, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, etc.
- Review design/study static equipment modifications to the facilities
- Single-point responsibility for all mechanical engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the customers policies and procedures
- Ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
- Provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to mechanical engineering
- Participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- Ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- Liaise with the customers Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- Promote safe behaviour at all times
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree qualification
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the oil and gas industries
- Previous onshore brownfield experience in design and operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operation and Maintenance at Senior Mechanical Engineer level
- Previous Middle East experience is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.