Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Commercial Advisor in order to grow its Perth Mining & Minerals group.
This full time, permanent position has a primary focus to perform a full range of commercial activities including, but not limited to; supporting proposals, preparation and negotiation of commercial models, general post award administration and contract commercial close out activities.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD, we have an onsite gym with five-star end of trip facilities.
In this highly visible role and reporting to the Commercial Manager, it is important to support the delivery of commercial reporting to corporate function and assigned project or sub-business units. Other key tasks and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Implement the Tender Governance Process within assigned business unit / business grouping
- Perform pre award activities including establish charge rates including analysis and benchmarking, support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, perform client financial checks and due diligence, coordinate functional inputs (insurance, tax, treasury and finance) for tender, coordinate tender review approvals, coordinate and prepare overall tender estimate, prepare commercial pricing summary and margin analysis for tenders, review and provide inputs to commercial proposals, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing basis, co-ordinate commercial and contractual qualifications
- Perform post award administration including; ensure awarded contracts reflect tendered basis; ensure that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system; ensure commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the project/contract management team; ensure that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, rate reviews are completed; change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained
- Provide inputs to monthly commercial management reports and prepare monthly Contract Performance Reviews (cost value reports)
- Assist and perform contract commercial compliance review
- Assist and perform contract close out tasks including reconciliation of costs to revenue, and where applicable KPI closeout
- Support and apply commercial processes and procedures to assist with tasks and advise which should be used and when
- Support governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients when assisting the Commercial Manager in these matters
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to Wood and Clients.
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart from other applicants will be a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role with a large, international engineering company with experience across construction, mining, or the resources sector. Your experience in commercial / contract administration, process, and procedures will be second-to-none. You will also have:
- Approximately 3 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in construction management, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
- Exposure to proposals and experience in completing associated cost summaries
- Experience in the preparation and negotiation of commercial models
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise key tasks and solve problems for the team
- Excellent user of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in use of Oracle or equivalent
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.