Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Master Scheduler manages and maintains the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Rough-Cut Capacity Plan (RCCP) in an Engineer-to-Order project-based manufacturing environment and is responsible for ensuring that all timelines related to schedule execution are adhered to and proceed in an efficient manner
- Requires onsite attendance at manufacturing plant; this is not a remote-work position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the Master Production Schedule (MPS) taking into consideration manufacturing capacity, resource, and material constraints.
- Monitors daily execution of production schedules, identifies, and mitigates schedule violations, and communicates and escalates schedule conflicts and competing priorities for resolution.
- Maintains a rolling 12 mo. level-loaded Rough-Cut Capacity Plan (RCCP) for the manufacturing operation, and for use in the S&OP Process.
- Drives the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process through recurring group collaboration with Sales, Engineering, Material Planning, Manufacturing, and Project Management, to ensure all required inputs and constraints are incorporated into the Rough-Cut Capacity Plan and the Master Production Schedule.
- Drives Production Control, Material Planning and Manufacturing activities to adhere to the Master Production Schedule
- Works closely with Project Management to communicate production execution and schedule adherence.
- The Master Scheduler is responsible for the creation and implementation of schedules for the organization's manufacturing needs, to ensure efficient operations. In addition, the Master Scheduler will own and manage the scheduling process and will determine better future practices, evaluating success to further streamline all processes.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements to maximize resource utilization, productivity, and schedule.
- Conducts daily and weekly scheduling sessions to review production performance.
- Confers with department managers and supervisors to determine the status of current production schedules.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- This position requires regular daily on-onsite attendance at the manufacturing facility. This is not a remote-work position.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires six (6) years' experience in a master-scheduling role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum six (6) years' experience in a Supply and Demand realm including forecasts, receipt and delivery processes, accurate validation procedures, and audit procedures is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management with emphasis in supply chain/business/quantitative analysis.
- Professional Certification from APICS and/or ISM is desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Expert knowledge of Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or required.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.