Seattle, Washington, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Skills: Operations Management, Captain / Master, Port Operations
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Stabbert Maritime, a family-operated maritime organization is looking for an innovative leader to manage their commercial vessel operations division. This position requires creative solutions and expert leadership to meet both internal and external customer needs while leading a team of dedicated individuals both shoreside and at sea to meet company objectives. This position is responsible for leading all business related to Ocean Services, their commercial vessel operating division, and providing efficient, safe, and reliable vessel operations, maintaining customer relations, and exceeding customer needs.
- Work with senior leadership to set long-term objectives and growth opportunities for an offshore fleet of dynamic positioned vessels ranging in size from 225-400'.
- Proven track record in team building and leadership development
- Participate in marketing company assets and growing the Ocean Services side of the business in partnership with our marketing team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with company leadership and across company divisions.
- Manage commercial marine operations, including projects that vary in nature and scope, and meet vessel utilization goals.
- Lead operations team with superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day activities of the commercial vessel division of the organization.
- Ensures safe operation of vessels.
- Interface with clients ensuring a maximum level of customer service is offered and maintained.
- Oversee shoreside operational team, including Port Captains, Vessel regulatory/HSE manager, Technical services manager, Port Engineers, Operation Coordinators, and vessel Senior Staff.
- Ensure engineering, purchasing, HR/crew schedules, regulatory, HSE, and logistics for vessels are effectively coordinated and performed.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Oversee all vessel regulatory requirements.
- Assist with accident investigations as needed.
- Interface with Captain/Senior Officers on a regular basis and participate in client/vessel conference calls.
- Understand charter contracts and ensure the vessel(s) is meeting the requirements of the charter contract.
- Represent the company at pre-job meetings.
- Organize pre-project Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Assist in the development of daily operating costs for vessels as needed.
- Monitor vessel operating budgets against monthly actual performance.
- Assist in creating annual vessel operating budgets.
- Responsible for adherence to vessel annual operating budget and presenting B&A to Senior Vessel Management
- Assist COO as requested in supporting client relationships at the top level.
- Review charter invoicing for accuracy.
- Manage daily operations of the vessel(s) to meet the requirements of the BIMCO or Charter Contract.
- Review charter contracts prior to execution.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field
- Has or held an MMC
- Minimum 15 years of sailing experience
- Minimum 10 years of management/leadership experience
- Experience leading shoreside teams
- Strong understanding of team dynamics
- Current US Passport
Stabbert Maritime/Ocean Services is a family-owned and operated maritime company. We take pride in our vessels, teams, and the ability to think outside to box to solve our customer's needs. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, with a company that focuses on its people, and understands the need for work-life balance, please send your resume.