Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity to join our team in Staines as a Senior / Principal Estimator on a staff basis.
The successful candidate will have strong estimating experience within an O&G project environment.
- To be responsible, as and when required for the Estimating of complete projects of all classes by application of recognised norms and databases.
- To liaise during the Estimating phase between various members of the engineering department, Project Management and construction disciplines to establish continuity and consistency.
- Review specifications, drawings, and attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ability and experience to both Lead and contribute to all aspects of Estimates, including detail of MTO's and unit rates, factored approaches and use if systems such as ACCE.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- To assemble and present a professional estimate with the tools and systems available.
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC in Engineering Discipline or degree in appropriate discipline would be preferable
- Experience of Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- Experience in presentations to clients
- Knowledge of all estimating techniques
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.