Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Project Management Team and interface with the relevant Support Functions (Commercial, Contracts, Procurement and Engineering) in order to maximise commercial performance and ensure areas of contractual and commercial risk are managed appropriately.
- Gain a full understanding of company procedures and processes and follow these principles in all aspects of the role.
- Liaise with the Support Functions to ensure compliance with legal, tax, insurance and standard terms requirements.
Project Management Support:
- Preparation of an in-depth analysis of the Main Contract terms and conditions and identification of Company obligations and potential risks and opportunities.
- Participation in both internal and external project meetings dealing with contractual /commercial issues and own actions as required.
- Active participation in project risk review sessions and support the implementation of risk response plans.
- Proactively manage the Variation Order process with Client with a view to maximizing opportunity for positive project upside.
- Ensure that Project Manager, technical/engineering team, cost controller, project planner, etc. are all engaged in the preparation, negotiation, and execution of all Variation Orders with the Client.
- Support the Completion and Project Close-out activities, ensuring receipt of Completion Certificates from the Client, settlement of final accounts with the Client and subcontractors. Presentation of Commercial and Contractual lessons learned to Sales & Marketing/Tendering function.
- Assist the Project Manager in the event of claims or disputes against Company, ensuring that Legal, Contracts and other Support Functions are engaged in the process.
- In collaboration with Contracts and Procurement teams, prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages, including instructions to bidders, proposal form, scope of work, technical requirements, contract agreements, terms and conditions, special terms and conditions, index, and commercial exhibits as appropriate.
- When required, ensure that "flow down" of Main Contract terms and conditions are included in Subcontracts.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all allocated subcontracts and RFQ processes.
- Manage the clarification process (technical, contractual, and commercial qualifications), expedite responses, prepare formal commercial evaluation of bids and recommendation to award.
- During project execution, support the Project Management Team with subcontractor management, including change orders, rate reviews, contract amendments, claims, etc.
- Monitor Subcontractors deliverables as well as identification of risks and opportunities in the event of deliverable failure
- BSc in Project or Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Extensive Commercial experience and/or relevant training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel.
- Relevant experience with large integrated projects including vessels, Plug & Abandonment, decommissioning, well intervention, subsea systems, diving, installation, renewables, IMR and engineered solutions.
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience.
- Familiar with product and services offered by Oceaneering.
- Degree in Engineering.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.