Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary role of the Cost Estimator is to prepare cost estimates and other commercial deliverables in accordance to the ITT requirements. This role will provide support to the Commercial Team and interface with Project Management, Engineering and Support Functions to ensure that tenders are completed within prescribed time frame and in line to customer requirements.
- Implement cost estimating procedures and pricing templates.
- Develop and maintain our database for cost estimates and price books.
- Build up cost estimates for commercial proposals, on Unit Rates or Lump Sum.
- Liase with Project Management and Engineering and build cost estimates.
- Evaluate subcontractor quotes and incorporate these in cost estimates.
- Perform cost analysis, simulations, and scenarios.
- Complete cash flow diagrams, payment schedules and cancelation fees.
- Assure correct hand-over of proposal budget to Project Management once the contract is signed.
- BSc in Project Management, Business Management, Finance or equivalent experience
- Significant international tendering experience in at least one of the following:
- Installation (umbilicals, flexibles, jumpers, trees, manifolds)
- Air Diving & Saturation Diving
- Light Well Intervention
- IMR (Inspection, Maintenance & Repair)
- Plug & Abandonment and Decommissioning
- Route Preparation (Renewables)
- Engineered Solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and SharePoint.
- Familiar with product and services offered by Oceaneering Projects Group (OPG).
- CAPM Certification or equivalent.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.