Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Repair and Maintenance, Workshop experience, Tubular Running Services
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malaga, Western Australia, Australia
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes approximately 30,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries. Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention.
About the role:
Weatherford is currently seeking for a full-time permanent Mechanic III TRS (Workshop Mechanic- Tubular Running Services (TRS) division) to be based in Malaga, WA. This role will provide his/ her mechanical knowledge, capability and expertise working in our fast-paced mobile oilfield equipment repair/maintenance and fabrication shop. You will be required to do preventative maintenance and repairs on our own fleet of mobile oilfield trucks, trailers and specialized equipment. Our equipment utilizing a large amount of hydraulics and electrically operated components so expertise, additional training and experience in these areas are an asset.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To perform mechanical repair, overhaul and commissioning of all Weatherford TRS mechanised equipment to the Global TRS work instruction requirements.
- Assist in preparing for load-out, inspect, clean and refurbish equipment for future use, as well as ensuring that a safe and efficient environment is maintained.
- Assist in scheduling workshop activities to maximize efficiency.
- Prioritise and schedule repairs and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Implement specialized equipment spare part inventory
- Maintain good standard of housekeeping practices in workshop and yard
- Implement and maintain specialized equipment servicing procedures
- Provide assistance to the Technical Support Team in regards to implementation and operational support in the areas of, but not limited to:
- Stabberless Systems
- Deepwater Handling Systems
- Drill Pipe Tongs
- Remote Locations Bucking Units
- Mechanized Tubular Handling Systems
- Mechanized Training
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Min 5 years' experience as mechanic is essential (preferably in the Oil and Gas and Mining industry)
- Trade Qualification (Mechanic) is essential
- Extensive experience in Workshop, Repair and Maintenance are essential
- Proven experience in hydraulic, mechanical system/ tools are essential
- Good in repair, service function/ Strong hydraulic fault finding ability is essential
- Proven experience in Maintenance Program
- Ability to work within process, procedures, and checklists
- Knowledge in electrical system
- Good computer skill, JDE (trainable)
- Dogging ticket is advantageous
- Based in Malaga, Perth
- 8am - 4:30pm with potential overtime
For confidential discussion, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.