Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Caldwell, Texas, United States
- Gauge production on assigned wells and report gauge readings, downtime, and other pertinent well information to the district office.
- MUST have experience working with high production volume wells with H2S.
- Perform lease maintenance such as minor surface pump and production equipment repairs and adjustments; trim weeds, clean up trash, Etc.; grease pumping units, service lease equipment, etc...NOTE problems and or recommend course of actions to supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production.
- Perform daily battery and satellite checks focusing on levels and pressures.
- Witness LACT proving and sample pot shakeouts with the pipeline company.
- Check wells and maintain stuffing box and flow line leaks.
- Operate water injection pumps and wells.
- Keep field at the correct pressure and locate, and repair leaks.
- Check out Beam and ESP failures, load and test wells for failures.
- Analysis surface and downhole cards for correct pump-off set points to minimize failures.
- Oversee pumping unit inspections and identify unit failures.
- Shoot fluid levels and make decisions on unit stroke per minute and pump size changes.
- Calculate beam well VE% and compare to well test data.
- Trouble Shoot tester problems and obtain valid tests for each well every month.
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases for which you the operator is responsible for.
- Make routine checks on all well sites according to schedule.
- Monitor production equipment, compressors, wellheads, dehydrators and meters.
- Manage daily fluid production; gauge and record oil and water tanks; record all seal records.
- Participate in periodic well review meetings with foreman, techs, and asset manager.
- Analyze production-related problems and work with the foreman, techs, asset manager, and any other relative personnel to troubleshoot.
- Submit daily data and turn in all reports and tickets on a timely basis.
- Inspect lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained; check for spills and fluid leaks.
- Daily inspection of pumping units, compressors, and other equipment to ensure they are well maintained.
- Provide relief pumping when needed.
- Communicate regularly with the production foreman and relief pumper.
- Ensure company-provided vehicle is well maintained and cleaned.
- Perform light maintenance on equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Environmental, Health, and Safety Guidelines.
- Run Dynamometers and Shoot Fluid Levels on a daily basis.
- Operating and maintaining multiple types of Pump Off Controllers including those with VFD's.
- Generate computer-based reports with recommendations for well performance improvements.
- Assuring that all components are operating safely and within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide support to field personnel as needed to ensure POC's are operating at an optimal level.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Office environment
- Experience with high-pressure gas operations
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritizing
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- 5+ years oilfield experience
- Lease Operator experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Crosbyofferscompetitivewages, sustainablehealthbenefits,401Kcompanymatch, and opportunities for employeedevelopment.
Now Hiring Lease Operators for Caldwell TX
5+ Years Experience
The Lease Operator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on production and other pertinent well information and provides maintenance on production equipment. The position applies basic and some advanced skills to perform routine and complex operations using tools and equipment appropriate for the energy industry. Applies a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, procedures, and has a general understanding of the industry standards and government regulations related to the oil and gas industry. The operator must have the willingness to comply with company practices, procedures, and policies.
Crosby Energy Services blends proven best practices with innovative processes to deliver the highest quality employees and finest support services to the oil and gas industry. We embrace a value-driven culture of safety and the very highest ethical standards.
Contract Energy Professionals
Since 1992, Crosby Energy Services has been providing the oil and gas industry the best qualified contract energy professionals and consultants at competitive rates. Our training and employment pre-screening programs are among the best in the industry and allow us to streamline your hiring processes and hand-pick the best and the brightest in the industry. Our contract personnel include:
• Onshore and Offshore Production Operators
• Plant Operators
• Instrumentation and Electrical Technicians
• Specialized Consultants
• Safety Professionals
• Pipeline Personnel
• Equipment Operators
• Skilled Labor
• Maritime Personnel
• Clerical Personnel