Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood have a number of offshore FEED-phase projects developing in the near future and we are looking for a Principal Metallurgist Engineer to join our experienced team.
These projects include evaluation of existing equipment for upgrading, and materials selection for new offshore process Oil and Gas equipment and piping, together with specification of pipeline materials.
The candidate will be required to:
- Provide expert input in material and corrosion technology
- Prepare and issue engineering corrosion philosophy and corrosion management plans
- Advise equipment, valves, and piping material selection based on internal and external corrosion
- Input into pipeline materials specifications
- Prepare material selection reports and perform corrosion rate calculations using Wood proprietary software
- Prepare material specifications for pipes, piping components, valves, and mechanical equipment
- Provide input to, review and approve material selection diagrams
- Review material selection diagrams of vendors, licensors and third-parties
- Prepare painting specifications, coating specifications and insulation specifications
- Ensure that all produced deliverables are complied with QA/QC and ISO System requirements of the Company
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in material and corrosion engineering in Oil and Gas and Petrochemicals industries
- Knowledge of NACE and ASME engineering standards relevant to Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals industries
- Familiarity with typical Client Company specifications.
- Knowledge of DEP specifications will be an advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.