Skills: Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently searching for a talented Riser Engineering Analyst to support the Subsea and Exports group in Houston, TX. The Riser Engineering Analyst will have an opportunity to work on particularly complex riser design challenges using Wood's internal suite of analysis tools to engineer solutions that meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Wood's Subsea group is currently providing the design and delivery of some of the latest, large-scale subsea design projects in the US and around the globe, for the Oil & Gas industry. This is a great opportunity to ass ume an important role on any of our array of riser development projects, and work closely with the internal stakeholders and the Wood Group Risers SME's and Team Lead.
The Riser Engineering Analyst shall assist the wider subsea team with all riser related activities, by s upporting the subsea team to win and execute subsea projects. I n addition, they shall:
- Work closely with Riser Team technical leads and SME's to support the execution of engineering activities during all phases of an engineering project (Concept, Pre-FEED, FEED, and Execute).
- Apply advanced engineering design techniques for deepwater riser systems such as top tension risers, steel catenary risers, flexible risers and drilling risers using our internal suite of software and tools.
- Review/prepare design reports, specifications and engineering reports.
- Motivate and train younger engineers
- Ensure compliance with the Company HSE Policy
- Work with other staff disciplines such as facilities, pipeline, structures, materials and support teams to implement studies and designs.
- Interface directly with vendors / customers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Professional Engineering License desirable
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the design of Subsea risers
- Minimum of 5 years experience in FEA analysis using any of the following suites: ABAQUS, Flexcom, and Orcaflex
- Demonstrated experience in the detailed design of an SCR system including the analytical design, construction and installation.
- Strong analytical skills including advanced analysis techniques
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) with the ability to act as focal point for the client, contractors, suppliers and internal groups
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.