Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
• Provide technical support to exploration, drilling, workover and completion operations activities relating to the design, construction and operational execution and reporting of Wellhead, Xmas tree and High Pressure Riser systems to all subsea drilled wells.
• Supporting planning and operations for the deepwater development campaign planned in Mexico. Project consist on at least 10 wells connected to 2 different subsea manifolds and then to an FPSO (the final plan for the development is still ongoing).
• Focal point for the interphase between drilling and subsea/production facilities.
• Manage all contracts related to these services and equipment suppliers.
• Supporting operations on the field deploy Wellhead, Xmas tree or any other service under his supervision.
• Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times. Must show strong HSE leadership throughout the project life cycle.
• Contribute ensuring compliance with both regulations and company procedures and handle non-conformities as required.
• Identify risks to people and the environment and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonably practicable.
• Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance.
• Stop any job that may harm people or the environment0
• Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvements of HSE performance.
• Work independently approaching complex situations, providing recommendations on local/regional issues by working/interacting with other internal/external departments regularly.
• Proactively anticipate problems and apply sound judgment to develop approaches to solving problems.
• Support and promote the company's policies, business philosophy, objectives, and values.
• Ensuring - HSE Management system requirements are satisfied both during the planning and execution process.
• Aligning with the SECE on coordinating plans.
• Ensure design, specification and installation of well equipment meets the integrity of the well throughout its life cycle.
• Be updated on developments in technologies, regulatory and industry standards.
• Ensure well equipment is maintained according to industry and - regulatory requirements throughout its life cycle.
• Review operational performance data on a regular basis to ensure that performance targets are being met.
• Continuous monitoring of ongoing operations, identification and investigation of problems and areas of poor performance, calculation of cost impact and recommendation of remedial measures (continuous improvement).
• Investigation and follow up of equipment failures or performance deficiencies, ensuring lessons learned are recorded, distributed as appropriate.
• Assisting in preparation of well operations activity programmes, ensuring lessons learned are used during the planning.
• Preparation of the activity wash-up meeting and relevant parts of the end of job report.
• Ensuring that all materials are fit for purpose and available in a timely manner.
• Plan and schedule the supply of equipment and services for each well operation.
• Recommend solutions to problems and concerns related to operation drilling as well as production.
• Ensure well equipment warehouses have correct level and equipment to support all well activity
• Proposing cost effective solutions to operational deficiencies / failures.
• Provide technical assessment of, and recommendations for, the procurement of relevant equipment and services.
• Identify, monitor and assess novel technologies, scientific research and changes to operating practices that may benefit - operations.
• Participate in relevant technical industry committees within drilling and production systems.
• Challenge existing designs and operational processes in order to apply best technologies and practices, and minimise operating costs.
• Mentor and assist with the training and career development of Company team members.
• Exhibit strong teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Engineering degree.
• Valid Medical certifications (e.g. Fit To Work and required vaccinations).
• Valid Offshore Survival certification (e.g. BOSIET and HUET or equivalent).
• Valid Seamans book or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum 10 years of relative industry experience.
• Proven experience of subsea / deepwater development is essential.
• Knowledge and previous experience with the - Well Construction Process advantageous.
• Excellent written and oral command of the English language is essential.
• Basic understanding of the Spanish language is advantageous but not essential.
• During the planning phase, the main work location will be Mexico City. Engineer can be also requested to work on remote (from his country of origin) during the earlier stages of the project.
• During operations, engineer can be requested to go offshore for the deployment of the subsea equipment.
• Sporadic visits to the logistics base can also be required in order to check equipment status.
• A willingness to travel extensively is critical for this role.