Skills: Directional Driller, Driller, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
• Actively participate in the Well Construction Preparation as per ETL instruction in order to get all gates completed from Well design options to Readiness to drill peer reviews.
• Prepare full casing design with the information provided by subsurface team. Skills in corporate tools: Stresscheck, Wellplan, Wellcat, etc are mandatory.
• Identify Long Lead Item requirements and ensure those are ordered on time.
• Prepare well trajectories optimization (directional drilling planning).
• Prepare Offset wells review document.
• Prepare Yearly budgets and well AFEs with corporate software Well Cost.
• Actively participate in DWOP's and technical workshops and ensure that all data gathered is thoroughly reviewed and action items followed up on.
• Actively participate in any HAZID, HAZOP and Bow Tie Analysis. Assist with preparation of final documentation.
• Ensure all relevant lessons learned from previous projects have been reviewed and any necessary action taken to prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensure compliance with Company policies, standards and approved procedures.
• Prepare Blow Out Emergency Response Plan (BOERP).
• Ensure all the digital tools are used and properly maintained with high control on data QAQC.
• Prepare Drilling Program.
• Prepare P&A Program.
• Tendering & Contract holder duties:
o Prepare detailed Scope of Works for all services related to deepwater drilling operations: mud, cement, tubulars, liner hangers, BHA items, packers, etc.
o Complete technical evaluation.
o Assist on commercial evaluation.
o Prepare award recommendation.
o Act as contract holder:
? Candidate will be assigned several contracts and candidate will be fully responsible of them.
? Ensure contract terms are as per the agreed terms during the tender phase.
? Prepare SAP contract structure in order to improve cost certification efficiency.
? Issue SAP purchase orders.
? Ensure QAQC process for both purchase and rental equipment follows - QAQC regulations.
? Follow up material delivery as per PO terms and conditions.
• Assist with the preparation and perform final review of the well Drilling Programme and Detailed Operations Plan. Ensure documents comply with company policy, relevant industry standards and local regulations.
• QAQC daily drilling report in Openwells prior to its final distribution.
• Make sure all data in the DDRs is correct and it is properly captured in corporate reporting tool Spotlight on a daily basis.
• Ensure all operations are well planned in order to ensure seamless and efficient operations with minimal NPT.
• Support DS in all operational issues with engineering calculations, service company's management, policies & procedures verification etc.
• Continually encourage the use of safety systems and tools while also monitoring participation / usage (safety cards, TBT, JRA, TOF, weekly walk-around etc).
• Review Lookahead with DS and make sure material and services from service companies are organized accordingly.
• Review all Work Instructions prior to execution.
• Actively track operational performance against KPI's through DDR's and ProNova performance monitoring software. Ensure recommendations for improvements in operational performance are captured and communicated.
• Prepare any Management of Change (MoC) documents and risk assessments when required.
• Prepare any Non-Conformance Report (NCR) when required.
• Prepare final P&A program.
• Review the engineering focused After Action Review (AAR) report and apply lessons learnt.
• Ensure all lessons learned are accurately captured in Openwells for implementation on subsequent projects (continuous improvement).
o Assist with the load out requirements.
o Ensure all the load out requirements are guaranteed (service companies management)
o Assist with the preparation of the well Master Equipment List (MEL) and Cargo Package preparation with corporate Wellit software.
o Prepare all cargo packages and ensure load out manifests issued through Wellit are accurate.
• Contract holder:
o Manage assigned contracts in such a way that contract terms are always met .
o Ensure all items delivered to the rig are QAQCed.
o Follow up material delivery from and to contractor's base in order to minimize the stand by costs.
o Complete daily cost certification.
o Perform monthly cost certification recap and release SES accordingly.
o Work closely with cost controller and ensure service companies are getting paid in due time.
Post Well Phase:
• Prepare the End of Well Report (EOWR), ensuring that the document is accurate and highly detailed.
• Assist with the close out of all outstanding field tickets and invoices.
• Participate in all Service Quality Meetings (SQM's) and provide technical input as required. Ensure service company performance has been accurately recorded and all required Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) have been submitted and approved.
• Work with logistics team to ensure all leftover materials are accurately documented and stored correctly.
• Degree qualified in Engineering.
• Valid Medical certification.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
• Strong understanding of the Landmark OpenWells reporting system.
• Strong understanding of the Landmark well engineering software suite.
• Experience of working with SAP for cost control advantageous but not essential.
• Experience of working with WELS OPERATOR logistics software advantageous but not essential.
• Candidate Minimum 8 years of industry experience.
• Candidate must have experience working in Deepwater operations.
• Candidate must have experience of working as a Drilling Engineer.
• Knowledge and previous experience with the - Well Construction Process highly advantageous.
• Knowledge and experience of drilling fractured carbonates or pre-salt formations is advantageous but not essential.
• Knowledge and experience of Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) operations advantageous but not essential.