Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay, Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out the most effective technique on components requiring inspection.
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out activities.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Ensure equipment function tests are performed according to the procedure and any faulty equipment is detailed back to the supervisor.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification.
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used, results of the inspection, and all findings noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires.
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Supervision or Management.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- LEEA Foundation Course
- LEEA Lifting Equipment General
- LEEA Lifting Machines Manual
- LEEA Offshore Container Examination
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of relevant regulations; i.e LOLER, PUWER, Supply of Machinery
- Knowledge of relevant standards; i.e BS-EN 13155 (lifting accessories) BS-EN 818 series (chains for lifting), ISO 10855 series (offshore containers) DNV Standards, LLOYDS standards.
- ILO requirements, ILO 152
- GCSE/Standard Grade pass in English, Maths and Science
- Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Eye Test
- NDT qualifications
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.