Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an energetic and hands-on Project Director to be based in our Brisbane office. This role will have direct contractual and operational oversight with across a white and blue collar portfolio of brownfield projects and act as the main client interface on behalf of Wood. The ideal candidate will also take a hands-on role in leading a team to generate cost proposals, win work and deliver onshore oil and gas projects through FEED and EPC.
- Pro-actively build new relationships and trust within the existing client organisation and ultimately delight the client.
- Bottom line profit and loss responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project portfolio and the overall contract
- Manage and lead a multi-discipline team to estimate and deliver onshore projects
- Grow the portfolio of both white collar and blue collar
- Implementation of the company safety & quality management systems for the project
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively build new relationships and trust with clients. T ake s responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Previous experience in the role of a Senior Project Manager or Project Director role directly leading a multidiscipline team delivering a portfolio of brownfield FEEDs and EPC projects for execution in PNG or similar African countries.
- Demonstrated supervisory and administration skills necessary to organise and lead a project team, develop design / implementation schedules and provide on-going status reports to the senior management team
- Work actively with construction teams and Construction Coordinator to develop & execute projects safety and effectively.
- Sets clear expectations for their teams, communicate organisation roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral
- Develops targets and priorities for continuous improvement of the Engineering and Procurement / Construction interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an energetic and hands-on Project Director ready for your next challenge with a great company, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.