Skills: Process Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
A critical aspect of Oceaneering's culture is the desire to create value, speed, and agility in the manner in which we service customers and internal stakeholders. The Operational Excellence Practitioner is responsible for supporting business partners with the development, implementation and ongoing management of their long-term strategy and objectives and execution on Operational Excellence projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Operational Excellence Master, provide diagnostics of the business group or function throughout the year to identify potential Operational Excellence projects
- Using DMAIC or other improvement methodologies, identify critical processes and controls necessary to meet business objectives
- Implement and drive continuous improvement within the business group or function
- Provide hands on utilization, implementation of Operational Excellence tools and concepts to identify areas for improvement that can accelerate business results, reduce COPQ and improve execution
- Oversee the preparation and facilitation of Kaizen events
- Assess, improve and develop the Operational Excellence knowledge, skills and abilities of the business group or function so they can incorporate Operational Excellence principles, concepts, and tools into their day to day activities and processes
- Maintain KPIs for quality, productivity costs, and service delivery such as first time quality, on time delivery, or efficiency improvements
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Operational Excellence Master.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a quantitative role
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement and/or project leadership
- Experience in Six Sigma / Lean Management Green Belt and the ability to achieve certification
- Proven track record in lean/six sigma implementation through redesigned processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audience
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification
- Solid understanding of strategy deployment, management by objectives, culture change initiatives, change management and organizational development concepts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational excellence, Six Sigma, Lean systems and principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Develops workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, and builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Knowledge of industry practices and customer requirements and processes.
- Ability to learn the various operations processes in both a service and manufacturing environment.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.