Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position of Surveyor 1 of Marine Construction Survey Services exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by the crew chief, project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project's field activities.
- Assist fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA / Safety pre-job meetings
- Train and adhere to OII, DOTD or client company's specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports.
- Sr Party Chief / Party Chief - Marine Consrtuction Surveys
- Project Manager - Marine Consrtuction Surveys
- Operations Resourcing Manager - Marine Construction Surveys
- Two year technical degree or higher in a STEM field of study
- Entry level position
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- University degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate)
- Be able to perform basic field calculations
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Respond politely to members of the community
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.