Skills: Warehouse Person, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To oversee the day to day operation of the external yard area. Assist Warehouse Management with all aspects of equipment movement.
- To provide general labouring/yard/warehousing support to all parts of the facility as necessary .
- To safely move equipment and materials using forklift and crane when required .
- To pro-actively keep the worksite clear of obstructions and potential hazards and to maintain high standards of cleanliness .
- Liaise with Warehouse leads on a daily basis to clarify requirements and prioritise tasks as necessary.
- To carry out identified tasks in a safe, diligent and efficient manner as specified within the job description as directed by the Operations Foreman
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the facility operates efficiently and effectively within company policy .
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company
- Participate in weekly 6s Audits
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties when required.
- Experience with Offshore Mobilisation/Demobilisation requirements.
- B1, B2, B3 Forklift Certificate
- Banksman Slinger certified
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional Certification OSM is desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Office and PeopleSoft ERP System.
- Ability to work with cross-cultural organizations and groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
This position is considered Shop/Outdoors which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors within Warehouse during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.