Skills: IT - Software Development, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project Quality Software Engineer serves as a key member of the Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) group. Project engineers are expected to function as leads or important contributors on software quality efforts. This role is important to producing deliverables to meet customers software quality needs.
OTECH produces and maintains unique underwater systems - typically for US Navy and other US Government Department of Defense customers. Our projects are all one-of-a-kind. Projects range from quick burn to lifecycle management of fielded systems. This position would yield a solid depth of understanding of programs software quality needs and how they best apply to the entire fielded system.
This position is Hybrid/Remote and will need to commute to the Hanover, MD location. Hybrid work schedules will be determined by hiring managers based on business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the lifecycle of the following CDRL's
- Software Qualification Testing
- Software Safety Assessment
- Software Requirements Specifications
- Preliminary Hazard List
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Metrics tracking and reporting of software statement/branch coverage
- Manage and optimize automated software tests
- Manage and optimize usage of code analysis tools,
- Implementation of test coverage tools
- Develop unit and integration tests
- Participate in system design and CONOPs to mitigate software safety issues.
- Participation in software testing event lifecycle.
- Communicate independently and effectively for issue resolution.
- Present software safety status and metrics to customers.
- Follow work instructions to program boards and sensors, including validating and tracking the results
- Track and report metrics of code analysis tools, including static and continuous integration servers
- Mentorship and tasking of other quality engineers
- Schedules can be demanding throughout the year and occasional work outside normal working hours should be anticipated .
- Light travel should be anticipated.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of practical experience in software, systems, test or quality engineering.
- Proficiency understanding the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Qt, Python and/or Java.
- Experience with software testing via document creation, execution of test procedures, unit testing, functional testing or metrics tracking.
- Attention to detail and interest in thoroughly understanding complex underwater systems.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Teams environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a United States Government Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Understanding of MIL- STD 882E "Department of Defense Standard Practice System Safety" or equivalent standard
- Experience working with Preliminary Hazard List (PHL), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) or creation of System/Software Safety Assessment Reports
- Comfortable with bench testing including
- Programming low level I/O stacks
- Powering and monitoring underwater sensors
- Low voltage I/O stimulation and monitoring
- Experience with the execution software test events, including associated documents
- Experience with VectorCAST or automated test tools (Jacoco, McCabe, MSTest, NUnit)
- Experience with Maven, Coverity, Jenkins or Github Actions
- Experience with Jira
- Solid written and oral communications skills, including ability to effectively document, convey, and present engineering concepts and products to team members and customers.
- Interest in writing effective documentation
- Experience with the field of ocean engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.