Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Senior Software Engineer serves as a core member of the Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) group. Senior engineers are expected to learn OTECH processes and best engineering practices; and apply the knowledge towards expanding their software engineering skill set. This role is key in implementing the bulk of the engineering work under the supervision of a software program lead and is frequently given lead responsibilities for subsystems within a program.
OTECH produces and maintains unique underwater systems - typically for US Navy and other US Government Department of Defense customers. Our projects are all one-of-a-kind. This role specifically involves developing and supporting analytical tools for data collected from underwater vehicles. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is an effective communicator. Senior positions are expected to efficiently manage themselves and start introducing improvements to designs and architectures.
This position is Hybrid/Remote and will be expected to be able to commute to Hanover,MD as schedule demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply working knowledge of the software lifecycle to develop and lead software efforts.
- Write and integrate software CSU's to the defined software architecture.
- Fully understand and provide feedback on software design choices.
- Lead small sub groups or efforts within a program's software team.
- Actively interface with the software lead and team.
- Communicate independently and effectively with non-software teammates for issue resolution.
- Support software testing at the customer site in Suitland, Maryland. Trips are typically once/week but could occasionally be more.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of practical experience in software engineering.
- Experience with a .NET programming language, preferably C#.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft 365 environment.
- Solid written and oral communications skills, including ability to effectively document, convey, and present engineering concepts and products to team members and customers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a United States Government Department of Defense Security Clearance (active clearances preferred, but not prerequisite).
- Must be a US citizen.
- Experience working with or displaying data using GIS tools.
- Experience with SQL database programming.
- Experience with Python, VBScript or other scripting languages.
- Comfortable researching and implementing open source libraries and SDK's.
- Comfortable with algorithms and mathematics.
- Experience with usage of Jira and Git.
- Experience with User Interface design choices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.