Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Carbon Footprint Reduction Consultancy has been established to assist clients achieve their climate change ambitions. The Carbon Footprint Reduction consultant will be responsible for the management and development of a team of consultants who will specialise in carbon accounting, constructing emissions inventories, undertaking cradle-to-grave lifecycle analysis, and providing third party verification services in the energy and mining sectors.
The team will be providing a full decarbonisation consulting service with a strong technical engineering emphasis. The role will provide advisory services to our clients: - supporting the delivery of a comprehensive understanding of their current or projected greenhouse gas emission baselines, industry benchmarks and supply and demand solutions across the development lifecycle from conceptual design to decommissioning.
At a strategic level, the team will work with clients to provide a systematic framework for the management of decarbonisation including defining overarching plan & detailed roadmaps with key milestones, journey enablers, timeframes, drivers and identifying on-route threats, risks, and uncertainties.
As part of a growing team, you will join a dynamic business taking the lead in delivering the necessary understanding and engineering solutions for clients as they embark on the road to a net-zero future. The breadth of work across our business will provide you with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects and clients globally, expanding your experience and expertise.
- Support and lead proposals to secure new work.
- Lead CFR studies and prepare and review study reports
- Assist clients to map energy and fuel usage and associated carbon equivalent emissions.
- Assist clients to identify and screen reduction opportunities - feedstock, fuels, power sources, process & applicable technologies
- Work with clients to identify and cost the milestones on their road to net-zero
- Develop business relationships with clients and partnerships with in-house consulting teams.
- Project manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of Carbon Footprint Reduction projects.
- Disseminate knowledge and expertise to team members and provide oversight of their project delivery work
- Provide a technical interface and mange relationships with clients
- Accountable for the financial performance of any studies managed
Skills / Qualifications
Education & Skills:
- University Degree in Process Engineering, Engineering Science, or a Sustainable Development-related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in energy sector.
- Demonstrated ability to lead business development and project teams.
- Strong health, safety, and environmental mindset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in international best practices in energy and carbon efficiency.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable high-quality report writing and presentation skills
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Background in decarbonisation studies
- Chartered to an internationally recognised Professional body.
- Good negotiation skills
- Second language
- Educated to degree level in a suitable subject
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.