Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Engineer I will lead a team of Engineers for Houston based engineering activities in support of projects performed with Oceaneering's Offshore Projects Group (OPG) installation vessels. The Project Engineer I is responsible for directing task of the engineering team for supporting detailed technical aspects for projects that will be executed predominately in the Gulf of Mexico. Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, diving, well or flowline remediation/intervention and inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering planning will be conducted from Houston based office with offshore support of the project onboard installation vessel as required. The Project Engineer I will report to the Project Engineering Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering completed by the team of Engineers is in accordance with Oceaneering policy and process with a focus on personnel safety and safety of the environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering completed by the team of Installation Engineers is in accordance with Client requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of detailed technical engineering completed by the team of Engineers in support of projects executed with offshore installation vessels.
- Performs and directs others in the proper methods of structural and mechanical design and analysis for
- Rigid pipeline and flexible product installation
- Rigid steel structures
- Creates or reviews installation procedures and specifications for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards, and Client requirements.
- Approves design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and assisting with vendor selection.
- Approves engineering calculations and analysis performed by the Engineering Team.
- Applies where applicable common industry codes such as ASME, AISC, DNV, API and AWS.
- Approves product designs, conducts and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Approves Basis of Design, Basis of Analysis, technical analysis reports or other supporting documents for equipment designed and analyzed by SSR & OPG Engineering.
- Prepares and maintains Action Item/Interface Registers.
- Interfaces with Document Control, Design Analysts and Design/Drafters during the course of project work.
- Interfaces with project team members and Clients through meetings and other means of communication.
- Lead HazIDs, Rediness Reviews, Peer Reviews and Design Reviews associated with project planning to identify and mitigate project specific risk.
- Performs non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Develops and maintains the project engineering deliverables schedule by studying the project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project deliverables.
- Leads all technical aspects of project planning, interfacing directly with the Project Manager and Client.
- Ability to work onshore and offshore, predominately in the Gulf Mexico up to 20%.
- Ability to interpret Client work scopes and translate into Engineering activities to produce design, analysis, calculations and Engineering deliverables.
- Transforms Client concepts and requirerments into images for presentation; uses Client feedback to improve designs.
- Develops strategies to achieve organization strategic goals and adapt strategies to changing conditions.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
- Min five (5) years engineering experience including experience with;
- Classical analytical methods
- 2D CAD, 3D CAD
- Structural analysis software
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware and umbilical
- Practical experience with engineering software such as Mathcad; AutoCAD; SolidWorks; OrcaFlex; Ansys and/or RISA-3D.
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management
- MS Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Ability to apply these concepts to engineering applications including but not limited to: statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, strength of materials, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, structural design, mechanical design, and electrical design.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.