Skills: Business Development, Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Deputy Business Manager will coordinate and support interaction between multiple directorates including Contracts, Finance, Programs and Operations to ensure high quality products and services are delivered on a routine basis. They will be responsible for developing, maintaining and auditing processes and procedures related to project controls. Expert communication skills will be required to report on the progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and present reviews as necessary. Solid planning capabilities with an ability to interface with many different organizations (internal and external) and quickly adjust priorities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) guidelines
- Oversee execution of departmental, or program specific, processes and procedures
- Develop, analyze or review proposal documentation from a Programmatic, Financial or Scheduling perspective
- Combine data from multiple different databases into easy to view dashboards to facilitate discussion at the Management level
- If assigned a program, identify, troubleshoot and track Earned Value
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers or other functional groups in solving work problems and issues
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- This position can have supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Business Manager or Controller.
- Master's degree in a related or technical field. Combination of education and relevant experience may be considered
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in defense, government, and/or engineering design projects
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project
- Expert-Level knowledge of Federal government EVMS standards and guidelines including but not limited to EIA748 and MIL-STD-881
- Support the implementation of Earned Value Management and cost/schedule Integration
- Provide support for Program Management Reviews using EVM methods, tools, and information
- Understanding of Critical Path Analysis, Resource Management, Capacity Planning, Material Planning, and Baseline Management
- Ability to analyze project resource plan against current availability and capacity and recommend to the Project Manager on leveling options and over allocations
- Ability to adhere to Oceaneering safety standards
- Knowledge of System Engineering and Manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft
- Program Management, Scheduling or other advanced certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.