Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you excited about building a product from the ground up? Are you an organizational mastermind? If so, come join our team, and collaborate with design and engineering teams to drive a lean and agile development process. Here, you will lead product management efforts for the development of digital sustainability solutions, through understanding the market, customer requirements, and defining differentiated value propositions and maintaining product roadmaps.
The product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team and manages the incubation/commercialization process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through lean, agile based incubation and commercialization process - e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
Product Managers must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices. They must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a product manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers.
In this role you will:
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
- Monitor and report on product KPIs
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Develop materials to communicate progress to partners and clients
- Assist in the development of new business proposals
You should have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical discipline (ex: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering), MBA or other advanced degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 5 years' experience as a Product Manager
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience launching multiple digital products
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually demanding and service-oriented environment
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level
- Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 155969
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.