Skills: Logistics Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Logistics Engineer applies a working knowledge of logistics engineering fundamentals in a team management environment. This role requires interactions with managers, engineering staff, and support staff in all OTECH departments.
This position is Hybrid/Remote and will report to the Hanover, MD location. Hybrid work schedules will be determined by hiring managers based on business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform moderately difficult logistics engineering tasks
- Conduct research, including reading source material and meeting with subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed.
- Provide periodic reports to Project Managers, Integrated Logistics Support Manager, and customer.
- Demonstrate sound technical judgement and some independent evaluation and ingenuity.
- Conduct routine analyses/tests and complete required documentation.
- Develop schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepare reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- Provide Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) to commercial and military programs.
- Interface with engineers, vendors, and original equipment manufacturers to obtain drawings/specifications/data to allow development of a support concept through analysis such as; trade studies, configuration, logistics support resources, and provisioning data.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILSM).
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical discipline. Significant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 0-2 years of practical experience in logistics engineering.
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
- Able to apply a working knowledge of general technical/engineering fundamentals.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data.
- Familiarity with various engineering standards and language.
- Strong research abilities.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications and Database management.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Familiarity with Government publication standards.
- Experience with large-scale commercial and/or military systems.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.