Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
Wood is seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager to coordinate the implementation and completion of various projects located in the Permian Basin.
Project Managers are responsible for ensuring safe project delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and customer relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is adhered to and controlled.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Maintain P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters
- Follows Change Management process to proactively identify, assess, and approve modifications to scope, cost, and schedule.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, workshare and high value engineering centers, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register, etc.
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer
- Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Interface with discipline department managers on needs, mobilization and demobilization of resources
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behavior and compliance with applicable laws and Policies
- Leads by example, focuses on supporting others to achieve project success
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct
- Coaches, mentors, and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
- Primary point of contact for customer on assigned scope. Establishes and maintains a positive and effective customer relationship, ensuring payment terms are met, and communicating any potential or identified problems/delays
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and sub-contractors and resolves any associated cost, schedule and quality issues
- Builds internal and external relationships, maintaining focus on being positive and growth-oriented
- May act as company representative and play a role in contract negotiations
- Influences relationships at higher customer level
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in relevant discipline is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 10 years of pertinent industry experience including minimum 3-5 years' experience as the Project Manager for commercial/industrial EPC projects, mastering their technical area and knowledgeable about impacts and dependencies on other areas
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers, strategies, stage gate processes, and schedules
- Proficient in the use of MS Office 365 products
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera P6)
- Experience with CAD a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.