Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for an Powerline Engineer to join our Downstream & Chemicals Canada team in Calgary.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Carry out routing and design of transmission and distribution lines utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER. experience on 13.8kV, 25kV,7 35kV and 72kV line design is required
- Prepare plan and profile sheets, staking Tables, bills of materials, and stringing charts, Pole framing drawings, and assembly drawings
- Utilize LIDAR survey data to accurately reflect existing terrain within the design model
- Perform structure loading calculations and structure strength analysis
- Developing design criteria and specifications for the T&D line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews
- Prepare IFR/IFC packages for transmission line projects
- Perform U/G powerline design
- Provide construction support as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate Degree or equivalent Technical College diploma from an accredited engineering school is required.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience required.
- Experience on computer software - PLS CADD/PLS POLE/PLS TOWER, SAG 10, AutoCAD/MicroStation, Microsoft Office, etc
- Electrical design experience
- P.Eng. in Alberta
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.