Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting a Group Statutory Reporting Manager to ensure that the Group complies with all applicable external financial reporting standards and, in conjunction with the BU reporting teams maintains high standards of corporate governance in relation to financial reporting and control matters. The role reports to and assists the Vice President of External Reporting & Accounting with setting the accounting policies for the Group.
- Supervising the Group's external financial reporting processes including year-end reporting and the annual report, interim reporting, consolidation processes and systems, board reports and certain aspects of budgets and forecasts.
- Accounting for major transactions (acquisitions, disposals and restructuring)
- Preparation of the financial report for quarterly Audit Committee meetings
- Development of the Group Accounting Policies and ensuring compliance with IFRS. Implementing plans for compliance with new IFRSs and providing appropriate instruction and guidance to the BUs
- Monitoring of BU financial reporting to ensure compliance with IFRSs and Group Accounting Policies. Providing technical accounting advice as required.
- Overseeing global statutory accounts process and coordination with BU and auditors
- Engaging with Treasury, ensuring that all Group FX exposures are hedged and monitoring compliance with bank covenants
- Management of head office entities with legal, tax and treasury teams ensuring accounting for complex tax planning and hedging structures are correctly dealt with
- Working with tax and legal on entity rationalisation project
- Working with P&O (People & Organisation) on share-based awards and ensure that these are accounted for correctly under IFRS 2
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller in ad-hoc projects as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Further professional accounting qualification (CA/ICAEW/ACCA etc)
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A thorough understanding of the laws, rules and regulations that affect areas of work
- Big 4 experienced auditor with experience of auditing a complex global organisation, or group role with large organisation
- Corporate governance and decision making
- Ability to influence and challenge current thinking through clear, informed, and logical argument and discussion
- Coordination of complex audits
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous learning and development
- Achieved challenging performance targets
- Experience of working in an international role, high levels of cultural awareness, sensitivity and discretion.
- Demonstration of technical excellence
- Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally
- Energy and compassion
- Creative in the achievement of stretching objectives, does not accept failure easily.
- Balance humility and self confidence
- Be forward thinking and able to see the 'big picture'
- Work on own initiative
- Be a core value champion
- Communicate well with a diverse audience
- Focused on improving quality and effectiveness
- Work effectively across different cultures, driving a global mind-set
- Contribute to a climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
- Prioritise requests from multiple sources
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.