Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Responsilbilties and Qualifications:
- With general autonomy this position is responsible for providing technical support to the Multi-Chem sales force.
- This person manages the Technical Services Professionals and resources to respond to sales force needs for trouble calls in a timely manner.
- They are responsible for scheduling employees, professional development and scheduling of training for direct reports.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining any necessary equipment the technical services group may need.
- They serve as primary manager over all projects underway in assigned region.
- Supervise surveys for new business and coordinate all personnel, resources, priority of work and testing to be performed.
- Compose and oversee drafting of proposals and bid submissions including organization of all test and lab data, technical recommendations, pricing and projected BOE costs.
- Conduct technical sales calls on customers in support of the sales force.
- This consists of attending meetings, customer presentations, and providing technical information in support of sales projects.
- Performs wellness checks on existing business to ensure the current customers have the proper products in place and they remain satisfied with Multi-Chem.
- Provide technical training to the salesman at the monthly region sales meetings and perform onsite training to salesman for bottle testing and product selection.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science and/or related field and a minimum of 7 years of experience in the industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
15865 Intl Plaza Dr #200, Houston, Texas, 77032-2594, United States
Requisition Number: 168801
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.