Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Developing software for an upstream oil and gas industry can be very challenging due to various environments under which it has to work flawlessly. We are in the midst of our journey of digital transformation and automation of our services. We are looking for a highly talented and experienced software developer who can contribute in this exciting journey. In this position, you will apply your expertise to help shape technical vision and strategies that align with the business unit roadmap by identifying opportunities, providing solutions and solving business challenges. In this capacity, you will collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure the software being designed and developed is aligned with business requirements. You will be instrumental in helping facilitate the development of highly efficient, highly reliable, fault-tolerant scalable solutions to satisfy those objectives. Projects will be diverse and will directly affect the operation and effectiveness of field operations.
- Under broad direction, applies skills to implementing leading edge software technologies and enhancing the Technical Software Development process
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major software products and services
- Works on designs that span several groups at an enterprise level
- Incumbent must be hands-on, be able to operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex design projects
- May direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews
- Coaches and mentors less senior developers and provides Technical Excellence Leadership
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience
- Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Principal Engineer Software Development, Technical Advisor Software Development, up to the Technical Advisor Software Development
- Strong experience with Microsoft .Net Framework (C#) and .NET Core for developing apps and services using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Oil and Gas experience including drilling or geological related applications development
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, design patterns, existing and emerging technologies and platforms, architectural and systems engineering trends
- Broad technical expertise in the design and development of complex multi-tiered distributed engineering applications
- Experience with cloud development (preferably Azure). Azure certification with AZ-305 (or equivalent) is a strong plus
- Experience with event-based programming, microservices and use of containers
- Experience with RDBMS including SQL. Experience using ORM tools such as Entity Framework
- Familiar with using NoSQL database
- Familiar with mobile app development
- Strong Math background/Numerical Analysis experience with Scientific applications development
- Job role contributes to value creation
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Principal Engineer Software Development, Technical Advisor Software Development, up to the Technical Advisor Software Development Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 157465
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.